Nutraceuticals are products that give extra nutritional value to food, and help in prevention and treatment of diseases. The nutraceuticals market can be classified into functional foods, dietary supplements, medicinal foods, and farmaceuticals. The market can also be segmented by its usage in body building, diabetes control, pain relief, and weight control. The nutritional requirement of a person varies according to the age of the individual and hence this industry offers various products according to demographics.
An increase in obese and diabetic patients on a global scale is the key driving force for the market. The market contributes less than 10% to the total food industry globally, but good growth opportunities are available if proper business partnership models are practiced, regulatory frameworks change, and consumer preferences are taken into consideration. The nutraceuticals market is growing at a fast pace as consumer awareness regarding health and fitness is increasing on a global scale. Some of the benefits associated with the use of nutraceuticals are delayed ageing process, prevention and treatment of chronic diseases, and improved life expectancy. Some factors like the changing lifestyle of the working population, affordability of medical services and good media penetration is expanding the nutraceuticals market in Asian countries.
The high price of nutraceuticals products is one of the major restraints to this industry due to the high cost of the raw material, higher manufacturing cost, and lower profit margins. The absorption rate of nutrients from these products is a major concern. Other challenges to the industry are maintaining quality standards, safety, and effectiveness. Some of the key participants in the nutraceuticals market are BASF Group, Cadbury, Cargill, Bayer Healthcare, Clif Bar & Company, Johnson and Johnson group, Jordan Cereals, and Herbal Life International of America.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments