Nucleic acid tests are performed in order to detect the presence of viral DNAs or RNAs in blood samples of patients. Three major processes involved in NAT are sample pooling and nucleic acid (NA) extraction, target NA amplification and target amplicon NA detection.Major NAT technologies include polymerase chain reaction (PCR), strand displacement amplification (SDA), ligase chain reaction (LCR), transcription-mediated amplification (TMA) and nucleic acid sequence based amplification (NASBA). Based on its major applications, NAT market can be classified into five major segments namely infectious diseases, genetic diseases, cancer, forensic testing and paternity testing.
Major growth drivers for the NAT market will include increasing prevalence of infectious diseases, cancer and genetic diseases, growing demand for technological advancements in testing methods, increasing end user acceptance and favorable regulatory mechanisms worldwide. It was estimated that approximately one billion people suffered from various infectious diseases worldwide in 2012, which is one of the major segments of the NAT market, thus will affect this markets growth in future. Growing demand for new and improved testing methods that utilizes new reagent systems and automated amplification systems in wide range of applications will also provide this market a larger share in the coming future.
Geographically, North America dominated the global NAT market with the largest share in terms of revenue, followed by the European region. Asia-Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing market in the coming future because in most of its countries, the NAT market is currently at nascent stage or underpenetrated. This region is likely to evolve under the influence of increasing awareness regarding the testing methods and continuously improving economic condition. The major players operating in the NAT market are Abbott Laboratories, Inc., Becton, Dickinson and Company, Beckman Coulter, Inc.,Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Illumina, Inc., Siemens Healthcare, Gen-Probe, Inc., bioMérieux SA, Novartis AG, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Sequenom, Inc.and Tecan Group Ltd.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments