Nucleic acid aptamers are species of nucleic acid that are engineered in in vitro selection or SELEX i.e. systematic evolution of ligands by exponential enrichment. Aptamers bind different molecular targets such as proteins, nucleic acids, cells, organisms and other molecules and assist in molecular recognition of certain characters that fight antibodies. Aptamers have remarkable advantage over antibodies as they can be easily produced through chemical synthesis and can be engineered in vitro. Aptamers are commonly developed as ligands offering molecular recognition properties that rival those of antibodies. Aptamers are also developed as binding molecules for small molecules, viruses, toxins and also metal ions. In therapeutics, aptamers are used as sensors to monitor cellular processes and as a guide for drugs to reach their target.
The overall nucleic acid aptamers market can be classified on the basis of types of technologies used, and the applications of such aptamers in diagnostics and therapeutics. The major enabling technologies in this segment are oligonucleotide synthesis, nanoparticles and quantum dot labels, modified oligonudcleotides, surface plasmon resonance and biolayer inferometry, bioinformatics and next generation sequencing. The applications of aptamers are categorized as diagnostics and therapeutics. The diagnostics segment is further classified as application in human clinical diagnostic assays, environmental monitoring and veterinary diagnostics. The therapeutics market is classified on the basis of the currently available aptamer drugs, the various conditions targeted by aptamer drugs, drug delivery in cancer therapy, and use of aptamers in modification of surgical implants.
Some of the major players in the nucleic acid aptamer market are Araxis Kits, LLC, Aptagen, LLC, Aptamer Sciences, Inc., Cytogenix Inc., Envirologix, Inc., Mitsui & Co. Inc., Quest Diagnostics and others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments