Nuclear reactors are used to produce electricity across the world. The heat produced by controlled fission chain reaction in nuclear reactors is used to create steam pressure. This steam pressure is used to drive a power- generating turbine. Currently nuclear reactors are used to produce approximately 19% of the world’s total electricity production. Nuclear reactor market is expected to grow in future due to several under construction, planned and proposed nuclear reactor projects.
Nuclear energy market can be segmented on the base of technology into Boiling Water Reactor (BWR), Pressurized Water Reactor (PWR), Pressurized Water Reactor (PHWR), Advanced Gas Cooled Reactor (AGCR), Uranium Reactor (CANDU) and Fast Breeder Reactor (FBR). PWR is expected to dominate the market.
Improved technology, increasing energy demand, no carbon emission and concerns about the use of thermal energy sources are the drivers of this market. Developed countries are largely dependent on nuclear energy for their power generation. However the impact of nuclear disaster on the surroundings, people and environment discourages the use of nuclear energy. Depleting reserves and high cost of unconventional gas creates an opportunity for nuclear energy.
Some of the key players in nuclear energy market include PSEG Power LLC, Duke Energy, Exelon Corporation, NextEra Energy Resources LLC, Bruce Power, China General Nuclear Power Corporation, EDF Energy, Tokyo Electric Power Company, GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy and Eskom Holdings SOC Limited along with others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments