Long fibers bound together by either chemical or mechanical or thermal or solvent treatment are referred to as nonwoven fibers. Major applications of nonwoven products are in filters, masks, caps and surgical gowns, and personal care among others. The application scope of nonwovens is increasing as more industries are substituting plastics, papers and woven fabrics with nonwoven products.Depending on the process of generation, nonwovens can be segmented as textile, paper, and/or extrusion.
One of the major factors driving nonwoven materials market is its increasing scope of application. As nonwovens are hygienic with each use, these fabrics have found application in many sectors like personal care products such as wet wipes, in medicines and healthcare for wound dressing and medical apparel, packaging like insulation padding, and industrial wipes amongst others.
In addition to this, the above average economic growth in regions such as China, India, and Brazil will increase product sales. The increase in per-capita disposable income of people in these regions is another major factor responsible for driving the nonwovens market.
As the rate of growth of population in developed regions such as Europe is expected to be flat leveled or very low, their demand of nonwoven products in these regions is expected to be somewhat stagnant over the next five years. Additionally, in industries such as automotives, construction and other core engineering industries, the weight bearing plastic parts cannot be replaced by nonwoven products as they have a low weight bearing tendency.Also, these materials are matted together in a certain direction, thus, these products can crack easily at certain angles, making them less durable.
Being hygienic, there is a growing opportunity for nonwoven materials in producing disposable medical items as these are less expensive than the competitive material which are currently being used. Also, there is an increased scope for nonwovens in sanitary wipes and pads, hospital equipments like bed pans, and filters, among others.
Countries such as India and China are advancing in technology, thus, they can manufacture nonwoven products in quantity as well as quality. The leading manufacturers of nonwoven products include Toray Industries, Kimberly-Clark Corporation, DuPont (EI) de Nemours, Guangdong Jofo Group, Fibertex Personal Care, and Asahi Kasei among others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments