Non sugar sweeteners are a form of additives which are added to provide the same effect as natural sugar in terms of taste. Most commercially available sweeteners are artificially synthesized, though they can also be manufactured using natural materials. These are normally used in low calorie diets and beverages.
Most of the non sugar sweeteners provide the same sweetness as sugar but certain high intensity sweeteners, which are an important segment of the market, are sweeter than natural sugar.
The primary classification of the market is based on the type of ingredient which includes natural sweetener and artificial sweetener. Artificial sweeteners are classified as aspartame, saccharin, sucralose, neotame and some others. The natural sweeteners include stevia, thaumatin, tagatose, and sorbitol among others. Non sugar sweeteners find application in beverages, food products, and in some other sectors.
In the food industry, sweeteners are used in confectionery, baked products, and desserts. North America has the highest demand for sweeteners accounting for over 60% of the total demand. Europe is the fastest growing region for the market followed by Asia-Pacific.
The main reason for the growth of the market is the increasing demand for sugar free products and the popularity of low calorie diets, which has given sweeteners new potential. Furthermore, growing awareness about weight loss and increasing diabetes cases, are further driving the growth of the market.
The fear of adverse health effects of artificially synthesized sweeteners is a major inhibitor in the growth of this market. Moreover, the high cost of non-sugar sweeteners leads to a lower growth rate in developing countries where the level of income is low.
The largest opportunity for sweeteners lies in the Asia-Pacific region, especially in countries like India and China where people are becoming health conscious, and this coupled with increasing disposable incomes provides the ideal setup for growth of this market.
Some of the market players in this industry are Cargill, Tate and Lyle, Zydus Wellness Ltd, Danisco A/S, and Beckmann-Kenko GmbH among others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments