Mycoplasma, a genus of bacteria is a causative agent for various infectious diseases in humans such as pneumonia and pelvic inflammatory diseases and some mycoplasmic species are also detected in different types of cancer cells. Due to their lack of cell wall, mycoplasmal bacteria are resistant to many common antibiotics which target cell wall synthesis. Mycoplasma organisms are usually associated with mucosal surfaces, residing extracellular in the respiratory and urogenital tracts. Mycoplasma diagnostic testing offers rapid test results providing detection of outbreaks, newly emerging strains; and sensitivity, specificity and identification of resistant organisms, and can help correlate to disease severity. This will facilitate timely therapeutic clinical decisions and early infection control interventions.
The global mycoplasma diagnostic market is categorized based on:
- Molecular diagnostics
- Monoclonal antibodies
- Differential light scattering
- Information technology
- Artificial intelligence
- Flow cytometry
- Diagnostic imaging
- Gel micro-droplets
End user applications
- Commercial/private laboratories
- Physician offices
- Public health labs
Globally, North America dominates the mycoplasma diagnostics market and is followed by Europe. Much of the market growth is expected to be driven by emerging markets in Brazil, Russia, India, and China where infection rates are specifically high. Also, expansion of governmental health programs, especially in Asia, may promote rapid growth of mycoplasma diagnostics solutions market in this area in the near future.
Some of the major factors driving the global mycoplasma diagnostics market include the increase in prevalence of mycoplasmic infections, advances in molecular diagnostic technologies, bioterrorism and availability of immunosuppressive drugs in a wide range. However, the presence of similar or substitute products in the market could curb the growth of this market.
Some of the major players contributing in the mycoplasma diagnostics market include Abbott Laboratories, Inc., Danaher Corporation, Becton Dickinson and Company, Gen-Probe, Inc., Hologic Corporation, Novartis Diagnostics, Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics, Qiagen, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Siemens Ltd., Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. and Wallac OY.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments