Muckle-Wells Syndrome (MWS) is a rare, genetic autosomal disease which leads to urticaria, sensorineural deafness, and also leads to amyloidosis. The disease is mainly caused due to mutation of CIAS1 gene, that leads to increased production of interleukin 1B. Due to interaction of IL1B and skin receptors, the inflammation occurs, which leads to fever and rashes. The common symptoms include fevers, chills, deafness, arthritis, and recurrent urticaria.The episode of MWS usually lasts for around 48 hours. The disease belongs to a family of cryopyrin- associated periodic syndromes (CAPS), including 2 other diseases, caused by mutation of CIAS1 gene.
Muckle-Wells Syndrome can be diagnosed with the help of study of patient’s symptoms and medical evaluation. In addition, gene testing and NLRP3 mutation study also helps in diagnosis of the disease. Owing to extensive growth in genetic engineering, the market is expected to grow duringthe forecast period 2013 to 2019. The major treatments for MWS includes Rilonacept (for CAPS treatment), anakinra (IL-1 receptor antagonist) and Canakinumab, a monoclonal antibody. In addition to the existing treatments, some new treatments are under pipeline studies.
The market of Muckle-Wells Syndrome is driven by factors such as, extensive R&D activities, technological advancement in research and genetic sciences and growing concern about various genetic disorders. Extensive R&D is one of the major factor, propelling the market growth. Considering the growth perspective, many pharmaceutical and biotechnological leaders are engaged in the development of medications and treatments for this disease. However, low epidemiology, lack of awareness and high cost of R&D and treatment are some of the restraints, expected to impose a threat to the growth of the market.
Some of the major players engaged in development and commercialization of treatments for Muckle-Wells Syndrome includes Novartis AG, Istituto Giannina Gaslini, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Charite-Universitatsmedizin Berlin amongst others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments