Monoclonal antibodies have brought a paradigm shift in biotechnology and pharmaceutical sectors. Monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) are mono-specific antibodies which comprise of identical immune cells and these immune cells are clones of a single parent cell and are distinguished by their unique property to bind to the same epitope.
Monoclonal antibodies are now used for treatment of a wide array of diseases, especially cancer, autoimmune, and inflammatory diseases. The development of these new molecular agents, successfully directed to specific cellular targets, is expected to play an increasingly important role in future clinical protocol, and perhaps finally provide a means to achieve long-term tolerance in human allograft recipients. The drugs are very specific for particular limited targets, since these do not enter the cells but only interact with them; hence they have limited application. Another difficulty faced using mAbs when compared to small molecule drugs is that, they need to be injected.
The market analysis predicts growth for this market to be around USD 60 billion in the year 2012 and is predicted to have a double digit growth of around 15% from the year 2012 to 2018. Technological enhancements and huge R&D in genomic studies have propelled the growth of this market, with impressive number of mAbs entering the market since the last decade.
The major restraints for the growth of this market are high developmental costs which might reach around USD 1,000 million. Also, the longer duration required for developing these antibodies due to time consuming R&D and clinical trials makes it difficult to gain a faster entry in the market. However, rise in investments from venture capital funding organizations, federal government and big pharmaceutical companies is expected to further augment the growth of this market and is anticipated to help in overcoming the challenges faced by this industry.
Some of the major companies in this industry segment are Roche, Genentech, Eli Lilly, Biogen Idec, Bristol Myers Squibb, Pfizer and others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments