After the evolution of global positioning system (GPS) in 1990, there have been many new technologies developed for determining the geographical coordinates for moving and fixed objects. Mobile positioning system is one of these innovations which are used to trace an object or person on or above the earth surface.
In 2011, the global market for MPS was valued at USD 25 billion which is expected to reach about USD 40 billion by 2018 at a CAGR of 7%. The U.S is the traditional leader in the MPS market and will continue to maintain its dominating position with advancing technology. Asia-Pacific represents the fastest growing region with growing transportation industry in emerging countries like India and China. Vehicle navigation technology represents the largest segment and accounts for more than 60% of the market share.
In the last decade, mobile positioning systems observed significant growth due to increasing security needs globally. Rapidly increasing transportation need is also another key driver for this market. Market growth is further derived by new technology development. However, high deployment cost will inhibit the growth of this market.
Based on applications, the global MPS market can be segmented into transportation, security, surviving and mapping, living object tracking, and others. This report also gives the market trends and forecast of different geographical regions including North America, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa, Europe and the rest of the world.
Some of the key players of this market include Fei-Zyfer, Inc., Freeflight Systems, Inc., Navcom Technology, Inc, Panasonic Corp., Raytheon Co, Topcon Positioning Systems, Inc, Zebra Technologies Corp and others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments