Micro seismic technology provides crucial information of reservoir and helps in enhancing production. It can provide reservoir information that is not readily obtainable from any other source. Micro seismic monitoring is used to optimize production, reduce risks, increase safety and decrease costs in variety of industrial applications. This technique is increasingly used by the oil and gas industry to monitor steam injection into heavy-oil field and hydraulic stimulation of very low permeability. The pre-existing flaws and slip when activated by hydraulic fracturing, creates micro seismic event that, when measured, help to identify key fracture properties which includes height, azimuth, length, affected volume of reservoir, and complexity of the induced fractures.
The overall market has been segmented on the basis of applications (hydraulic fracturing, life-of-field reservoir monitoring, underground mining, open-pit mining and waste injection or underground gas storage), end users, as well as on a geographical basis to provide a holistic picture of the market. The driving factors for the use of micro seismic monitoring include the growing use of mining or oil and gas production that change the stress distribution or the volume of a rock-mass. However, incomplete understanding of seismological and geo-mechanical process associated with micro seismicity is expected to hamper the growth of the market.
Presently North America accounts for the highest demand for micro seismic monitoring technology. North America is expected to drive the growth of the market on account of increasing oil and gas production. The increasing application of micro seismic technologies in hydro fracturing and oil and gas production is expected to boost the demand for the technology. In addition, broader implementation of micro seismic monitoring for reservoir production is expected to open new opportunities for growth in the market.
Some of the key players in this market are Bakerhuges, Halliburton, Hess Corporation, ESG Solutions, Schlumberger, and Sigma Cubed among others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments