The global market for methionine is expected to grow with growing meat consumption around the world. One of the major factors which are driving the global market for methionine is increasing meat consumption, primarily by the increasing population of developing countries such as China, India, and Brazil etc. Developed economies such as the U.S. and Western Europe are considered to be mature markets and are expected to grow at a lower rate compared to developing countries. Methionine is an amino acid that acts as a building block to form proteins. It is also used for increasing the quantity of lean meat. Methionine has gradually replaced the market for fish powder as it is more efficient than fish powder.
China is one of the biggest manufacturers of animal feed in the world and the country is also one of the biggest consumers of methionine which is used as a supplement for piglets and ruminants. The growth of the middle class population in many countries across the world is also expanding the global market for methionine. However, the volatility in raw material prices and the rising energy prices, which have a direct impact on the overall production cost, are acting as the major factors hindering the market growth.
The concept of bio-based methionine has been there in the global market for many years now and companies are developing bio-based methionine for several years. In January, 2012 France based METabolic EXplorer (METEX) and Roquette joined hands to initialize industrial study on bio-based methionine. CJ CheilJedang and Arkema are also planning to build bio-based methionine manufacturing plants in Southeast Asia. The plant is expected to materialize by the end of 2013 with a capacity to produce 80 kilotons of bio-based methionine per year.
Some of the companies operating in the global market for methionine include China National BlueStar, Jinzhou Amino Acid Co., Evonik Industries, Novus International, Sumitomo Chemical, and Nippon Soda, among others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.