Metamaterials are artificially modified materials which possess the properties that are not found in nature. They are assembled together from various conventional materials such as metals and plastics and fashioned in a manner which helps them to exhibit superior characteristics over conventional materials. The demand for metamaterials is growing due to their precise shape, light and sound related properties, which are required in various end-user application areas such as aerospace, infrastructure monitoring and sensor detection, and public safety, among other applications.
The global demand for metamaterials was worth over USD 222 million in 2011 and is expected to exceed USD 1 billion by 2018, growing at a CAGR of over 24% from 2012 to 2018. The high performance delivered by metamaterials unlike conventional metals and plastics in various end user applications is one of the major factors driving the market growth.
Metamaterials are primarily used in radio frequency (RF) air solutions for wireless communication. Magnetic metamaterials for applications such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and metamaterials used in barricading sound hold immense opportunities for the market players involved in manufacturing metamaterials. These potential applications are expected to bring about participation from more companies owing to the attractiveness of the market.
Electromagnetic metamaterials are the biggest ones consumed globally. Along with a considerable amount of market share, electromagnetic metamaterials are also the fastest growing type of metamaterials. Acoustic is also a small segment which holds immense opportunities in the near future. The global demand for extreme parameter metamaterials and other segment of metamaterials was worth over USD 95 million in 2011 and is expected to exceed USD 150 million by 2018, growing at a CAGR of over 29% from 2012 to 2018.
Some of the leading companies operating in the global market for metamaterials include Alight Technologies APS, Colossal Storage Corp, Fianium Ltd, Inframat Corp, Luminus Devices Inc, Nanosteel Company Inc, and Opalux Inc.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments