Metallocene based technology is estimated to boost the growth of the polyolefin polyethylene, and polypropylene industries. The major players operating in the global polyethylene and polypropylene industries invest heavily in developing metallocene technologies to obtain a cutting edge advantage over their competitors.
The investment made for developing metallocene technologies accounts for approximately 75% of the total R&D investment made in the polyolefins industry with the remaining being spent for nourishing conventional technologies. Metallocene based polyolefins are expected to capture a huge market in the overall polymers market (both specialty polymers and bulk polymers market).
The global demand for metallocene resins is on a surge primarily due to the growing demand for superior quality polymers and elastomers, which is facilitated by metallocene technologies. Metallocenes also offer various process advantages over conventional thermoplastics and elastomers.
The growing R&D investment for developing metallocene technologies will provide immense opportunities to the players operating in the global market. Metallocene based polymers are expected to account for 10% of the total thermoplastic and elastomers market globally over the next few years. Although the market for metallocenes holds promise, the relative size of conventional polyethylene and polypropylene makes it look very small.
Flexible non-food packaging is the biggest application segment for metallocene polymers which accounts for approximately 35% of the total metallocenes demand. Shrink/stretch film is the next biggest application segment which accounts for over 27% of the total demand for metallocene resins. The shrink/stretch films segment is also the fastest growing application segment for metallocenes globally.
Some of the leading companies operating in the global market include Total Petrochemicals, Exxon Mobil Chemical Company, The Dow Chemical Company, Equistar Chemicals LP, and Mitsui Chemicals Inc.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.