Low fat cheese contains lesser amount of saturated fat and reduces the level of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol which is responsible for an increase in the risk of heart disease. Normal cheese has 30-40% saturated fat whereas low fat cheese, produced from skimmed milk contains 7-15% saturated fat. Commonly available cheeses such as cheddars, mozzarella, provolone and others, depending on the process and the country where they are produced, are easily available in the market today. Low fat cheese is also available in various forms as a healthy alternative to regular cheese. Low fat cheese has almost all the applications that normal cheese has. Some of the products where low fat cheese is used are pizzas, sandwiches, hotdogs, and salads. The geographical market segments are North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World (RoW). Highest cheese consumption is seen in Europe while North America’s consumption is comparatively less.
One of the key drivers for the growth in the demand for low fat cheese is the growing health consciousness among the people. Normal cheese is said to have higher amounts of fat as well as sodium. Moreover, much attention is given to the diet of children keeping in mind the adverse affects of cheese on the body in the long run. Also, cheese is a part of the culture in many countries, where it is consumed on a daily basis.
One of the restraints to the low fat cheese market is its taste after the reduction of fat and sodium as the flavor of cheese depends on these two components. Some types of cheese like mozzarella, cottage cheese (paneer), and Swiss cheese have low salt and fat content naturally, compared to other cheese that contain artificially reduced salts. The major players in the market are now focusing on reducing fat and salts from cheese such as in American cheese which has a high amount of these components.
Some of the major producers of low fat cheese are the Lactalis Group, Kraft Foods Group Inc., Fromageries Bel S.A., Bongrain S.A., Arla Foods and others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments