Raman is an analytical technique used to observe vibrational resonance in molecules. It is a non-destructive technique and such instruments work on the principle of scattering of light at different wavelengths from the incident probe light or sample. Raman instruments provide information in the form spectrum consisting of number of peaks. Each peak represents a particular frequency of specific molecular bond. Thus, it helps in providing the chemical composition of the sample under analysis. Raman instruments also help in providing information regarding the chemical structure, phase, contamination and impurity of the molecule or sample; thus this technology is often used in drug development, quality assurance and quality control.
The laboratory and handheld Raman instruments market is categorized on the basis of following segmentation:
- Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical sector
- Industrial sector
- Educational sector
In terms of market share, the global Raman instruments market is dominated by North America as the technique continues to gain increased momentum in security and pharmaceutical applications in this region while Europe gains second position in this market. Emerging economies of Asia such as India, China, Japan and Russia as well as Latin American and Middle East Asian countries are expected to undergo rapid market growth by employing various market consolidation strategies such as mergers and acquisitions.
One of the major factors driving the market growth is the increase in use of Raman instruments due to stringent regulations laid down by domestic governments to ensure improved quality and safety of food, drugs and cosmetics. Other prime driver is the robustness, portability and cost effectiveness of Raman instruments as well as prevalence of large number of market consolidation activities. However, the key deterrent holding back the growth of this market is the increased availability of alternative devices for Raman instruments.
Some of the key manufacturers in the market for laboratory and handheld Raman instruments include B&W Tek, Inc., Bruker Corp., Horiba Ltd., JASCO Analytical Instruments, PerkinElmer, Inc. and Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments