Insulation material is defined as a material or combination of different materials having low thermal conductivity to resist the flow of heat. Thermal abuse is the major concern faced during the transportation of temperature sensible products; hence, most of the major industries such as food and beverages, pharmaceutical, healthcare, chemicals, cosmetics, etc., depend heavily on insulated materials for packaging. Products from these industries may be subjected to extreme conditions (hot or cold), vibration, and pressure during transportation. Hence, proper packaging solutions are required in such cases to prevent spoilage and maintain product specifications. Insulated packaging is regarded as the optimum solution for keeping products refrigerated, frozen, and warm, and for reducing the effects of variable temperature.
The combined form of packaging and type of insulation material determine its installation method. Thermal conductivity (K) plays an important role while selecting the insulation material. The lower the thermal conductivity, the better the heat resistance (R), thereby resulting in better insulation. Depending on the thermal conductivity, variety of insulating materials are available for different temperature ranges. Some of the most common insulated packaging materials include Expanded Polystyrene Foam (EPS), Polyurethane (PUR) foam, insulating cement, expanded silica, radiant barrier films, mineral fiber, etc. The most widely used forms of insulated packaging include flexible sheets, pre-formed shapes, box, bags, flexible blankets, rigid boards, etc.
Insulated Packaging Market: Drivers & Restraints
High disposable income and increasing healthcare awareness among consumers has led to the rise in global demand for Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) and product safety, thereby driving the market growth further. Owing to its value added applications in industries such as healthcare and food & beverages, the market for fresh food packaging is expected to create significant growth and investment opportunities for players operating in the market, especially in the developing countries. The main growth drivers for the market are private consumers, retailers, and local packaging firms, which focus more on delivering the product intact in the local market.
However, sustainability of the insulated packaging market majorly depends on the price and supply of raw materials. Presence of big and small packaging firms has created a highly competitive environment for players operating in the insulated packaging market.
Insulated Packaging Market: Segmentation
The global insulated packaging market is further segmented into following types:
- By Material Type
- Expanded Polystyrene foam (EPS)
- Polyurethane (PUR) Foam
- Insulating Cement
- Vacuum Insulated Panel
- Expanded Silica
- Radiant Barrier Films
- Mineral Fiber
- By Packaging Form
- Box and Container
- Flexible Blanket
- By Application
- Food and Beverages
- Fast Moving Customer Goods
Insulated Packaging Market: Region-wise Outlook
By geography, the global insulated packaging market has been classified into seven key regions, namely North America, Latin America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia-Pacific excluding Japan, the Middle East & Africa, and Japan. The global insulated packaging market is anticipated to expand at a double digit CAGR over the forecast period. Asia Pacific is expected to be the most attractive market for insulated packaging due to rise in end use applications of the packaging type in the region. As of 2016, China is the largest insulated packaging market in Asia Pacific, followed by India, and the market in these countries is expected to grow rapidly in the near future. North America, followed by Western Europe, are the other prominent regions projected to hold a promising future growth potential in the insulated packaging market by the end of 2026.
Insulated Packaging Market: Key Players
- Huhtamaki OYJ
- International Paper
- Sonoco Products
- Deutsche Post DHL
- Du Pont De Nemours and Co
- Nippon Paper Group
- Cold Chain Technologies
- Thermal Packaging Solutions
- Polar Tech Industries Inc.
- Suzhou Star New Material Co., Ltd
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections done using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to the categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology, and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of the various market factors on the market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of the parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on the market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprints
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.