Metal finishing refers to any process of deposition of a metallic or a non metallic coating on a substrate. Substrates are metal parts and the coating could be metallic or non metallic based on the desired properties. Metal finishing is done on most metal parts in order to enhance its properties, obtain specific characteristics or to enhance the appearance in order to make it more marketable. Most metal manufacturers use the coating process on the manufactured parts so as to obtain the desired results. Metal finishing process has wide spread applications and is used in all areas of metallurgy.
The global market for inorganic metal finishing processes is expected to grow at CAGR of over 6% from 2012 to 2018. Inorganic metal finishing can be considered to be made up of three processes: pretreatment, inorganic metal finishing process, and consumables and spares. The market for pretreatment or surface preparation is expected to be the fastest growing and is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 7.5% from 2012 to 2018. Inorganic metal finishing and consumables and spares market would also show a steady growth rate over the next six years.
The primary driver for the market is the increased application scope for the process. Metal finishing plays a vital role in increasing the life of the metal and is used widely in the automotive industry and for construction material. Moreover, the use of metal plating helps reduce the consumption of raw material and provides adequate safety at the same time. Automotive breaking, precision fuel injectors, plated cans for food preservation and plating of aerospace suspension system are some of the common applications of a metal finishing process. However, there is a major impact on the environment caused by the excessive consumption of water and energy and emissions to the ground and water, which is hampering the growth of the market.
The coating of metal is not an entire industry in itself as they do not create products. Instead, they alter the properties of the created metal parts in order to give it longer life. The leading manufacturers of coating and consumable equipments include Americhem Engineering Services, Armstrong Engineering Inc, L.S. Industries, Sequa Corporation and Trimac Industries LLC among others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments