Hospital clinical chemistry refers to the area of clinical pathology related to the analysis of body fluids such as blood, urine, etc. and immunodiagnostics is a diagnostic method based on antigen-antibody reaction. There have been remarkable advances in the field of clinical chemistry and immunodiagnostics, resulting into potential diagnostic platform and technologies such as molecular diagnostics, spectrophotometry, electrophoresis, measurement of enzyme activities, and separation of molecules. Clinical chemistry and immunodiagnostics play a critical role to aid the clinicians in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases. Diseases generally diagnosed with the help of clinical chemistry include viral and bacterial infection, diabetes, thyroid, kidney failure, heart problems, cystic fibrosis in new born babies and screening for illegal drug use.
Based on types of tests, the hospital clinical chemistry and immunodiagnostics market can be segmented as follows:
- Clinical chemistry
- Routine chemistry: It is generally used for the analysis of blood for various tests such as kidney function tests
- Special chemistry: This branch of clinical chemistry uses advanced methods such as electrophoresis
- Drug monitoring: It measures the therapeutic drug medication level in order to determine the right dosage
- Endocrinology: This clinical chemistry test involves the study and diagnosis of endocrine disorders
- Toxicology: It involves the study of drugs of abuse
- Urinalysis: Urinalysis refers to the analysis of urine sample to diagnose a wide array of diseases
- Enzyme-Linked ImmunoSorbent Assay or ELISA: ELISA is a commonly used laboratory test that uses a solid-phase enzyme immunoassay (EIA) to detect antibody in the blood sample
- Radioimmunoassay: It is an in vitro assay technique used for the measurement of hormone levels in the blood. One of the examples of radioimmunoassay is the RAST test (radioallergosorbent test) which is used to detect the presence of causative allergen for a specific allergy.
Based on geography, the hospital clinical chemistry and immunodiagnostics market can be segmented into four major regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Rest of the World (RoW). North America holds a leading position in the market followed by Europe. The prime factors which are responsible for the growth of hospital clinical chemistry and immunodiagnostics market in these regions are increasing prevalence of various diseases among the population, and the growing need for technologically advanced diagnostic tests. Moreover, major breakthrough developments in clinical chemistry and immunodiagnostics have resulted in reduction of immunoassay duration and complexity, thereby spurring the growth of the market. Asia Pacific is one of the lucrative markets for the growth of hospital clinical chemistry and immunodiagnostics market due to various emerging economies. Factors which would contribute towards the growth of the market in Asia Pacific are growing need of the population for rapid and cost-effective immunoassay procedures and novel diagnostic platforms. Cost-savings can be achieved with the aid of clinical chemistry and immunodiagnostics due to highly centralized operations and automated data analysis.
Various advances in diagnostic technologies, automation and huge competition in the hospital clinical chemistry and immunodiagnostics market is paving way for a number of opportunities. A number of top companies operating in the market are Abbott, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Siemens AG, Danaher Corporation, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Alere and others.
This research report analyzes this market on the basis of its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a six-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.