Pigs are the species of animals that belong to Suidae family, are generally farmed for the production of meat. Pigs are commonly known as hogs in the U.S. The meat produced from hogs is termed as pork. One can farm pigs in open field by allowing it to wander freely, in restricted field by providing proper food or in special houses in modern countries. In recent years, the pig farming industry has been diversifying from the traditional one in order to produce higher yields of pork. To get good quality and quantity of pork; providing housing facilities, temperature and humidity control, food quality and medical service these some of the factors that have been taken in to account by farmers.
Based on the product produced pork can be divided as fresh meat and processed meat. Fresh meat is that, which is used as directly without post processing e.g. suckling pig (having age between 2 and 6 weeks) is roasted directly in traditional dinners. Processed meat is further divided into several categories as sausages, hot dogs, bacon and ham, Charcuterie (French term) and the canned meat. Based on pork production, China is the largest producer followed by Europe, the U.S., Brazil, Russia, Vietnam, Canada, Japan, Philippines, Mexico and Row. Pork comprises of a larger part of the total meat consumption around the world.
One of the major driving factors for the pork production industry is its growing demand of processed meat in the U.S. and Europe. Pork is the major ingredient of daily diet in many regions of North America and Europe. Even for restaurants and fast food industry it is fast consuming raw material. East Asia and western countries are expected to grow more as a market for pork to fulfill food demand. Use of heart valves of hogs for human heart valve implantation is expected to be future trend. Religious beliefs could be one of the major restraints for the pork production industry in many regions of the world.
Royal Pig Farm, Compassion in World Farming, Premium Standard Farm Inc. and Smithfield Foods are some of the leading players in hog farming.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments