High Throughput Screening (HTS) refers to a scientific experimentation method used in the process of drug discovery. HTS enables automated assays of biological or biochemical activity of compounds similar to drugs. These assays facilitate discovery of enzymes, ligands for receptors and other pharmacological tests. In addition this process aids in rapid identification of antibodies, genes or active compounds that are responsible for alteration of a specific biomolecular pathway. Presently, the HTS industry is expected to reduce the costs involved in drug discovery process and release the potential lead compounds resultant from screening campaigns. This expectation led HTS industry to adopt smarter screening procedures by screening only focused and potential compounds along with the use of highly efficient instrumentation platforms.
The HTS industry poses a competitive environment, with regular technology transfers and information sharing between the market rivals. With the increasing competition between the pharma companies to pioneer the drug commercialization, the need for HTS increases simultaneously, as this reduces the overall time required for commercializing the drug molecules. HTS market promises affirmative growth potential in near future due to its inevitable use in the research and production fields and can be segmented by technology, applications and geography. Some of the technological advances in the HTS industry attribute to introduction of high content screening technologies, miniaturization of the HTS technological platforms and novel cell culture approaches.
The major factors positively impacting the growth of the market accounts for continuous HTS technological upgradations, rigorous research and development initiatives, increase in investments by the drug discovery firms and focus on development of robust hardware and software used in screening. On the other hand increasing demand for highly efficient biochemical assays, need for cost effective solutions and negative impacts of economic slowdown on HTS outsourcing might hamper the growth of HTS market. Some of the major players competing in this market are Agilent Technologies, Inc., Aurora Biomed, Inc., Sigma-Aldrich Corporation, Life Technologies Corporation, Luminex Corporation, Beckman Coulter, Inc., and Roche Applied Sciences.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends.
Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments