High-density polyethylene (HDPE) is widely used commodity plastic and a member of polyolefin group. HDPE is nothing but the polyethylene material having high strength to density ratio. HDPE backbone chain has little side branches, which imparts greater intermolecular forces resulting in higher mechanical properties than that of low-density polyethylene (LDPE). HDPE is opaque material. It has working temperature up to 110°C to 115°C. HDPE is synthesized using special catalysts such as Ziegler-Natta catalyst to introduce side branching. HDPE is thermoplastic material and can be easily processed with conventional plastic processing machinery.
There are several grades of HDPE available in industries varying according to its molecular weights and hence processing technique such as injection molding, profile extrusion, film and sheet extrusion, pipe extrusion and blow molding etc. HDPE finds wide area of application such as bottles, cosmetic cares, telecom ducts, fireworks, chemical industry, electrical and plumbing boxes, house hold goods, construction, pipes, films and blow molded containers. According to geographic region HDPE has growing demand from Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, Africa, Asia-Pacific and RoW. Where in Asia-Pacific is expected to be largest emerging market.
The major driving market for this industry is growing demand for food and beverage packaging and HDPE has comparatively low cost. Another driving factor is that day by day demand for plastic pipes as a substituent is growing e.g. domestic plumbing. However materials such as polypropylene (comes under the same group-polyolefin) may restrict the market for HDPE. Artificial knee caps as replacements made up of ultra –high molecular weight high density polyethylene (UHMWHDPE) can be future trend for HDPE market.
Abu Dhabi Polymers Ltd. Borealis AG, Reliance Industries Ltd. National Petrochemical Co, PetroChina Company Limited, LyondellBasell Industries N.V. The Dow Chemical Co. Honam Petrochemical Corporation, Total S.A. and Ineos Group Ltd. are some of the leading players in HDPE production.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments