Contrast media or contrast agents provide better images of anatomical structures since they increase the image contrast, thus providing better images of body structures and organs. These agents are helpful in providing better visualization of body structures during several medical procedures such as computed tomography (CT), X-ray, catheterization laboratory (cath lab), and ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
North America accounts for the highest share in global contrast media/ contrast agents market followed by Europe. The reason for North America and Europe being bigger markets is the presence of major players in these regions and the use of contrast agents in most radiological examinations. Among the other regions of the world, Europe is expected to experience a slower growth rate as the country is still struggling with the euro debt crisis of 2011.
This market can be segmented in three product categories - iodinated based, barium based, and gadolinium based, which can be further segmented on the basis of their indication, routes of administration, application, and medical procedures.
The factors driving the growth of the market are an increase in the number of chronic diseases such as cancer and the rising demand for image guided surgical procedures. The global reform for better healthcare is also fuelling the growth of the contrast media or contrast agents market. However, sluggish economies of some of the regions like Europe are hindering the growth of this market.
Some of the major players in this industry segment are Bracco Diagnostic, Inc., Covidien, GE Healthcare, Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals, and the Guerbet Group.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends.
- Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments