An aerogel is a synthetic porous material derived from gel whose liquid component is replaced with gas and which results into a very low density thermal conductor. It is used for thermal insulation purposes and also acts as a trap for space and star dust. Silica aerogel is highly toxic and can be an irritant to the eyes, skin, and to the repository and digestive system.
The aerogel market is very small, having a negligible share in microporous and nanoporous market and has a limited number of players, which makes the impact of changes in the market very critical for manufacturers. The market is segmented as per its applications into building insulation, oil and gas, aerospace, automotive, industrial and cryogenic. The usage of aerosols in the market varies infinitely and so does its scope.
The revenue growth for the aerogel market is mainly being driven by its thermal and acoustic insulation applications. Its energy efficiency awareness and environment friendly life cycle also act as the primary driving forces of the market. But its complicated manufacturing process, which consequently results in the high cost of production, is seen as a restraint for the market.
Aerogels are primarily used in absorbents and adsorbents, catalysts and photo-catalysts, filters, aerospace and space exploration, and as solar thermal insulators. With the growing trend of the space industry in many countries, the market for aerogels is expected to grow exponentially and will thus seek its application in nearly all the insulating domains of this industry.
Some of the major companies operating in the aerogel market are Aspen Aerogel (U.S.), Cabot Corp. (U.S. and Europe), and Dow Chemicals (U.S.). However, there are various small scale companies spread across the other parts of the globe.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments