Gastric cancer refers to the cancer arising from lining of stomach. It may lead to uncontrolled growth of malignant cells that originate in stomach tissue and forms a tumor in any part of the stomach. Mainly there are five types of gastric cancer namely adenocarcinoma, squamous cell cancer, lymphoma, gastrointestinal stromal tumors, neuroendocrine tumors. From all these types, adenocarcinoma types of cancer originates from the innermost lining of stomach and accounts for more than 90% of all gastric tumors. Dysphagia, frequent burping, heartburn, stomachache are some of the early stomach cancer symptoms. The drugs of gastric cancers works on extracellular and intracellular domain of HER2 receptor of stomach and continuously suppress the tumor proliferation that lead to cell stasis and death.
According to World Health Organization, approximately 800,000 cancer related deaths are caused by gastric cancer every year and American Cancer Society estimated that in 2013 approximately 21,600 cases of gastric cancer will be diagnosed. This increasing incidences of gastric cancer drives the market of gastric cancer drugs. In addition, introduction of new therapies like Taxotere, Xeloda and Herceptin are also expected to propel the demand for gastric cancer drugs. However, less number of commercially available drugs for the treatment of gastric cancer may hinder the market growth.
The global Gastric Cancer Drugmarket is categorized based on the following:
By Class of Drugs
- Doxorubicin Hydrochloride
- Mitomycin C
Geographically, China and Japan dominate the global gastric cancer drug market due to large patient base and rise in treatment seeking population in these regions.Also, with the rise in geriatric population the number of people diagnosed with gastric cancer also increases which ultimately impacts the growth of gastric cancer drugs in these markets. The market of gastric cancer drug in North America and Europeholds a strong growth as the key players are domiciled in these regions. With the rise in uptake of gastric cancer drugs namely is Herceptin, Erbitux and Afitnitor also accentuates the growth of these drugs in the North American and European market.However, the total number of newly diagnosed patients are five times greater in China and Japan than the United States, making Japanese and Chinese market commercially attractive for developers.
Some of the key players contributing to the global gastric cancer drug market comprises F Hoffmann-La Roche, Genentech, Novartis AG, Merck KGaA, Sanofi-Aventis, Otsuka Pharmaceutical and Eli Lilly and Company.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments