Friction is the resistive force between two contacts that stop the objects from sliding. Friction occurs between all three forms of materials such as solid objects, gases and liquids. Fluid friction is the friction between liquids. Friction materials are used to enhance the performance of vehicles, their efficiency and appearance. Major application areas of friction products and materials are light trucks, aircrafts, railways, passenger cars, commercial vehicles in addition to other industrial applications. Friction products included in the above mentioned areas are brake shoes, brake pads, discs, automotive brakes, brake lining and drum brake. Brake friction materials include materials such as magnesium oxide, steel fiber, barium, resin, aluminium oxide and friction dust. The above mentioned materials are used to improve thermal stability, wear resistance and strength.
Passenger cars and ground transportation holds one of the largest market share followed by industrial sector aircrafts and railways. The materials used in the brake pads for passenger cars can be segmented as ceramic or hybrid, semi metallic and low metallic. The use of these three materials can be further segmented on the basis of favorability
across the geographies.
Some of the key participants in this market include Akebono Brake Industry Co., Ltd., Federal-Mogul Corporation, Nisshinbo Brake Inc., ITT, Fras-le S A, Carlisle Brake & Friction, ADVICS Co., Ltd, Honeywell Corporation etc. Of these Honeywell corporation has launched a volley of newly advanced materials and products such as cutting edge brake pad technologies, introduction of new aftermarket brake pads and others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments