Fracking chemicals and fluids are a range of chemicals and solutions which are used in the hydraulic fracturing of rock by a pressurized fluid. They are classified on the basis of horizontal and vertical products. Various types of fluids are used in the process such as water-based, foam-based, and gelled oil based products. In terms of chemicals, certain solutions such as corrosion inhibitors, scale inhibitors, surfactants and friction reducers are applied in the process of fracking. The market has been witnessing a positive growth, due to the continued development of unconventional sources of oil and gas, coupled with the growing demand for energy security in many countries.
The market for fracking fluids and chemicals has been experiencing noticeable growth on account of the changing trends in drilling from vertical to horizontal as more unconventional reserves are being tapped. Resources such as shale gas require significant amount of horizontal drilling to cover a large surface area, increasing the rate of production of gas which in turn is expected to boost the demand for fracking fluids in horizontal drilling applications. However, fracking has been facing a lot of oppositions due to environmental hazards caused by fracturing which in turned is expected to hamper the growth of the market. Focus on conducting extensive R&D activities to manufacture improved chemicals and fluids which are eco-friendly in nature are expected to provide new opportunities for the growth of the market.
North America was the largest consumer for the fracking chemicals and fluids market mainly due to advanced technology available to drill and recover gas and oil from unconventional resources. Other regions such as Asia Pacific are expected to witness significant growth owing to growing number of industrial activities in the region.
AkzoNobel, Albermarle, Ashland, Baker Huges, Calfrac Well Services, , Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, Dow Chemical Company, DuPont, FTS International, Trican Well Services, Solvay are some of the major manufacturers of fracking fluids and chemicals dominating the market.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments