Worldwide market for food preservatives is expected to grow at the compounded annual growth rate of 2.5% in next five years and reach the market value of $2.55 billion. This growth is mainly driven by increasing demand for natural food preservatives in developed markets and continued demand for processed food in emerging markets. The growing trend of using natural preservatives originated with the need for European countries to market clean label food products that are free from additives. Changing lifestyle and flourishing food and beverage industry are giving boost to the demand for natural preservatives.
Preservation techniques for preventing food spoilage have been practiced since ages. Globalization and increase in trade of food products resulted in the need for better food preservation techniques, resulting in the emergence of global food preservative market. Consumer today, is well educated and aware of the health benefits of natural and fresh food. Increasing population and growing concerns for food safety and quality are driving the current market for food processing. Most market players are engaged in research for finding natural preservation alternates which prevents food spoilage as well as extends the shelf life.
Changing lifestyle has resulted in the upsurge for demand of convenience food which has directly impacted the preservation segment of food processing industry. In order to prolong the shelf life of the food products, natural preservatives are replaced by chemical preservatives. There is a tremendous growth potential that this market has in store for future. Looking at the current rate of growth the industry is expected to witness shift in methods and variants of food preservation. Penetration of organic food products in global market will also drive the market growth in developed as well as developing nations.
Based on Application
- Fresh Produce
- Meat and Meat Products
- Active Packaging
Based on Type
- Natural Food Preservatives
- Chemical Food Preservatives
This report analyzes this market depending on its market segments and major geographies. This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Current market trends
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
Report also provides analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model, and complete company profile of top industry players. It includes review of micro and macro factors significant with respect to existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Major geographic regions covered under this research report includes
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
Some of the key players in this market are Akzonobel NV, Albemarle Corporation, Cargill Incorporated, Dover Chemical Corporation, DSM Food Specialties BV, Galactic SA, Hawkins Watts Limited, Innophos Holdings Inc., Kemin Industries Inc., Kerry Group Plc, Sorbic International Plc, and others.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- Report provides technological growth map over time and explains its impact on industry
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of industry trends
- Report provides pin-point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- This research report provides forward looking perspective on major market forces driving and restraining market growth
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major industry segments
- It provides clear understanding of key product segments and competitive environment
- Report provides complete analysis of major competitors and their strategies