Fatty acid methyl esters (FAME) are produced by reacting fatty acids and methanol. They are also present in biodiesels and are similar to those in conventional diesel but expel lower concentrations of toxic emissions and thus, are non-toxic and biodegradable. They are produced from vegetable oils and animal fats by the process of transesterification. Rapeseed, soybean, UCO, palm oils, sunflower and animal fat are used as raw materials for the production of FAME.
FAME have high oxidation stability and hence can be used under normal conditions. The use of these esters has become increasingly widespread in the recent years, since they are readily biodegradable and thus are less environmentally harmful, and help in curbing problems like global warming. FAME are used as fuels in vehicles, in machines (construction, mining and farm), stationary power generators, cosmetics, as lubricants, industrial solvents, in pharmaceuticals, as fuel additives and as carriers for fertilizers and pesticides. They are primarily used in the transportation sector. They are also used in the food and agriculture industry because they are biodegradable and eco-friendly in nature.
North America and Europe are the two major markets for FAME. The U.S. and Germany are the two major countries that are dominating in the production of fatty acid methyl esters. The demand for these esters is going to rise in the Asia-Pacific region due to the region’s rapid economic growth and government regulations for the control of the content of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in the environment.
Some of the major companies that deal in fatty acid methyl esters include Cargill, Diester Industries, ADM Biodiesel, Biofuels Corporation, Novaol, Green Fuels, Western Iowa Energy, and Biopetrol Industries.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.