The growing need for reducing the cost of blackouts by various nations across the globe is driving the market for smart grids. The conventional electrical grids installed in many countries are now aging and this is causing massive electrical blackouts. Governments of many countries are incurring huge losses in order to maintain the conventional electrical grids, owing to which they are now focusing on smart grid technologies.
The global market for enabling technologies for smart grids is expected to experience steady growth of approximately 7% from 2012 to 2018. Distributed energy generation and storage is the biggest section accounting for approximately 76% of the total market. The sensing, measurement, and control segment, although having a small market share globally, is expected to be the fastest growing segment with a CAGR of over 85% from 2012 to 2018.
The market is primarily driven by the growing need of robust electrical supply technologies that cannot be interrupted. According to a study, power outages and blackouts cost nearly USD 80 billion annually in the United States. To reduce these costs, governments are continuously looking for new technologies which are more effective and efficient. Some other factors the market desires include the characteristic of these technologies such as the ability to generate higher quality power and the fact that these are self corrective. However, the market is inhibited by huge initial capital required to set up these technologies and the lack of awareness amongst under developed countries.
Some of the leading companies operating in the global market include Alvarion Inc, Ambient Corp, American Superconductor Corp, Comverge Inc, 3 M Company and so on.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments