Electrostatic Precipitators (ESPs) are a filtration device used for removing fine particulate matter from an exhaust gas by means of an electrostatic force. ESPs possess high collection efficiency and can handle large gas volumes at high temperatures. This renders them vital to heavy industries such as steel mills & cement plants, and especially to thermal power plants. Combustion processes in coal-fired power plants receive a performance boost with the use of ESPs. They also act as conditioning systems for the fly ash and flue gases produced during the process.
Environmental, Health, & Safety guidelines emphasize the need for better air quality & air pollution control, something achievable to a great extent with the use of ESPs. This industry is aiming towards higher efficiency numbers, especially in coal-fired electricity generation. Increased adoption of newer technologies & subsequent renovation by existing power plants prove to be very attractive opportunities for this market in the future. Since demand for thermal power generation is not going to recede, the threat level for the ESP industry is minimal.
The technological segmentation of ESPs is done depending onthe characteristics of particulate matter involved and volume of the exhaust gas. Based upon whether steam is used, the classification is done as wet ESP and dry ESP. The primary segmentation for ESP’s are done on the basis of the components. The earlier design of the parallel plate-weighted wire has now been replaced by modern versions including the pipe-frame design.
Asia is the market leader for new systems as well as the repair & upgrade of existing ESPs. This is mainly due to addition of a large number of power plants in China and other emerging economies in this region. Major demand is also expected in India, where coal-fired generation occupies a majority segment of the overall power generation mix. Meanwhile, the new market for ESPs is likely to be small in Western Europe and North America. The regional segmentation will be done as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World (ROW).
Some of the key players in this market include Alstom, Siemens AG, The Babcox and Wilcox Co., and Blacke-Durr GmBH among others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments