Polymers exhibiting change in their size and shape in the presence of an electric field are referred to as electroactive polymers. They are most commonly used in sensors and actuators, as they can withstand large force. Conductive plastics emerged as the leading type of electroactive polymer which accounted for approximately 84.2% of the total electroactive market revenue in 2011.
North America was the biggest market for electroactive polymers followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. Some of the major factors driving the global market for electroactive polymers include growing need for low cost and light weight materials in the electronics market. However, the market is inhibited by volatile pricing. Asia Pacific with two of the fastest growing economies in the world, China and India due to rapid industrialization, is expected to drive the global market for electroactive polymers in the near future.
Some of the major participants in the global electroactive polymers market include big multinational companies like 3M, Bayer MaterialScience AG, Konarka Technologies Inc., Du Pont de Nemours and Company, Panasonic Corporation, Eamex Corporation, Sigma-Aldrich Corporation, Creganna and so on. This report is designed to analyze the performance of electroactive polymers at a global level and provides in depth analysis of the factors which are driving and restraining the global market. The global market for electroactive polymers has been estimated and forecasted from 2012 to 2018 both in terms of volumes and revenues. This report segments the global market by type and geography.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments