Edible oil can be defined as the oil prepared from vegetable and fruit, which are processed for edible purpose. Edible oil is used in cooking number of dishes.
The edible oil market can be segmented into product type such as rapeseed palm oils, soybean, and sunflower among others. The market can also be segmented geographically into North America, APAC, Europe and RoW regions.
The global demand for edible oil is expected to grow at a single digit increase in CAGR from 2013 to 2019. The palm oil is most consumed edible oil in the world, and accounts for approximately 30 percent of total edible oil market.
The key driver of edible oil consumption is the consistent growth in fast food industry, restaurants and other finished food product industry such as baked food among others. The consumption is increasing in Asia Pacific due to the increasing population in India and China. China is one the major consumer of vegetable oil followed by Europe which has the second position in terms of consumption. Moreover research and development by major manufacturers’ leads to oil production containing low fat content and add extra nutrients. Preference of refined oil is also rising, health is the major concern and health trend among consumers has forced manufacturer to produce oil such as rice bran oil. Rice bran oil is considered to be good for health as it contains orzonal that is good for heart. Therefore the edible oil companies are focusing on innovation on raw materials. The market is highly fragmented due to numerous players and differed oil preferences in different geographies.
Some of the key players in the edible oil market are The Adani Group(fortune oil), Ruchi soya, Ach Food Companies Inc., Archer Daniels Midland Company, Beidahuang Group ,Bunge Alimentos Sa (Brazil) among others.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.