The global DNA sequencing market is forecast to grow to $6.6 billion over the year 2016 at the compounded annual growth rate of 17.5% as a result of emerging technologies in this field and its use in a number of applications.
DNA sequencing industry is segmented into instruments and consumables, services, and workflow products. Instruments and consumables segment are the rapidly emerging segments accounting for about $2.2 billion by the year 2016. Services segment is expected to grow significantly and reach market value of $3.5 billion with CAGR of 29% over the year 2016. The workflow segment will reach $883.6 million at CAGR of 16.6% by 2016.
The chain terminator DNA sequencing market and next generation DNA sequencing market are constantly undergoing technological changes, thus creating new opportunities and attracting new market players to this industry.
The DNA sequencing industry is expected to penetrate the clinical field in the near future as DNA sequencing technologies can be used in a number of clinical applications.
The current breakthroughs in bioinformatics, imaging, nanotechnology and microfluidics are revolutionizing many life science fields and providing a novel platform for next generation DNA sequencing.
- Instruments and Consumables
- Workflow Products
Segmentation Based on Technology
- Chain Terminator DNA Sequencing
- Next Generation DNA Sequencing
The DNA sequencing market research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments and major geographies. Geographies analyzed under this research report are
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report includes comprehensive analysis of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, factors affecting market growth, market structure, and industry projections for upcoming years. This report also includes detailed analysis of technological improvements in the field, Porter’s five force model analysis, and complete company profiles of top industry players. The report provides review of micro and macro factors significant with respect to new entrants and existing market players with value chain analysis.
Some of the major players dominating this market are 454 Life Sciences, Beckman Coulter (Fullerton, CA), GE Healthcare Life Sciences, LI-COR Biosciences (Lincoln, NE), Abbott Laboratories, Agilent Technologies, Bayer Corporation, Commonwealth Biotechnologies, Hamilton Thorne Biosciences, Integrated DNA Technologies, Johnson & Johnson, Microchip Biotechnologies, Myriad Genetics, Pacific Biosciences, Siemens AG, ZS Genetics, and others.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This research report provides overview of major market forces driving and restraining market growth
- It helps in making informed business decisions by making in-depth analysis of market
- The report provides technological growth map over time and explains its impact on market
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major industry segments
- It provides clear understanding of changing competitive dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- The report provides detailed analysis of major competitors and their strategies
- It also provides up-to-date analysis of latest trends in market and helps you stay updated with recent technological improvements