Distribution Management System (DMS) is an integrated solution of applications designed to efficiently control and monitor entire distribution network. Distribution management system increases smart grid reliability by decreasing number of outages and improves safety as well. Advanced distribution management system solutions include intelligent power and real time monitoring, system optimization and distribution management. DMS application also includes FLISR, volt/VAR control, planning function and advanced forecasting. DMS application using OMS and SCADA is considered to be advanced distribution management system.
The Distribution Management Systems Market can be segmented on the basis of product type and end-users. The product type segment includes monitoring and control devices, power, quality and efficiency devices and switching & power reliability devices, while end-user segment includes industrial, commercial and residential segments.
Some of the factors that are driving this market are increase in system efficiency & reliability, smart grid rollout and reduced long term operation and maintenance cost. Some of the key restraints to this market are high initial investment, implementation timeframe and lack of standardization, which are inhibiting the growth of distribution management system.
Some of the key players in the Distribution Management Systems Market are ABB Ltd, Siemens AG, General Electric Corporation, Schneider Electric SA, Alstom Group, Duke Energy Corporation, Edison Electric Institute, Cooper Power Systems, Dominion Virginia Power and American Electric Power among others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments