Dental pain, also referred as toothache is characterized by painful sensation in the teeth or its supporting structures which can be caused by a dental disease or a non-dental disease. Most common causes of toothache are dental cavity (pulpitis), gum disease, a damaged filling, tooth decay, tooth fracture, abscessed tooth, apical periodontitis, and alveolar osteitis. Non-dental causes include muscle pain, maxillary sinusitis, angina pectoris, psychological disorders and tumors. Pain on drinking hot or cold beverages, pain during chewing food, sensitivity of teeth, discoloration of the affected tooth, bleeding around a tooth or gums, and swelling around a tooth are some of the major symptoms associated with dental pain. Based on the major causes, the dental pain market can be segmented as follows:
- Pulpitis: Pulpitis is characterized by the inflammation of the pulp which is triggered by a stimulus and results in tooth decay and dental fracture
- Apical periodontitis: Apical periodontitis is an inflammation around the apex of a tooth and it results in destruction of the root apex and sometimes, the bone
- Periodontal abscess: It is characterized by the formation of pus in the gingival crevices. The lateral pus formation results in the swelling around the fractured tooth, thereby, disturbing the normal to and fro flow of fluids.
- Occlusal trauma: When a patient exerts abnormal force (i.e., occlusal force) on the teeth which might result in stress cracks and attrition, is known as occlusal trauma
- Alveolar osteitis: Alveolar osteitis, also known as dry socket, results from a major tooth extraction complication and the blood clot is replaced by alveolar bone tissue
Based on treatment modules, the dental pain market can be segmented as follows:
- Root canal treatment
- Antibiotics (such as penicillin, amoxicillin, cindamycin etc.)
- Fluoride application
Some of the major driving factors for the growth of the dental pain market are increasing prevalence of oral diseases worldwide, consumption of unhealthy products (for instance, tobacco), sedentary habits such as cigarette smoking and rapidly growing awareness towards personal dental hygiene.
Geographically, the dental pain market is analyzed across four major regions: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World (RoW). North America holds a leading position in the dental pain market followed by Europe. The prime factors which have augmented the growth of this market in these regions are increasing demand for better and painless diagnostics which has resulted in technological advancements and high demand for restorative dental treatment, better reimbursement services and availability of specialized resources. According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, advanced gum disease affects 4%-12% of U.S. adults Also, with the advent of painless and non-surgical treatments to cure dental pain, this market will propel in the near future. Asia-Pacific is one of the most lucrative markets for the growth of dental pain market and is developing at a rapid rate. The factors that will accentuate the growth this market in Asia-Pacific are increasing population with oral health problems, higher purchasing power due to extensive economic reforms, rising disposable incomes and government initiatives in countries such as China and India.
Some of the major players operating in the dental pain market are Eli Lilly and Company, Pfizer, Inc., NeuroDiscovery Ltd., Array BioPharma, Inc., Bayer AG, Kaken Pharmaceuticals, Apollo White Dental, Pacific Dental Services and many others.
This research report analyzes this market on the basis of its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a six-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments