Cyclospora cayetanensis, a single-celled coccidian parasitic pathogen, causes intestinal infection resulting in diarrhea. In medical terminology, this diarrheal infection is referred as cyclospora infection (cyclosporiasis).This infection is usually transmitted through feces and ingestion of food and water contaminated with sporulated oocysts. Cyclosporadiagnostic testing is not a routine laboratory test, and is carried upon specific requests from physicians.
The global Cyclospora diagnostic testing market is segmented on the basis of end-users into, commercial or private laboratories, hospitals, public health labs and physician offices. The global Cyclospora diagnostic testing market is also segmented on the basis of techniques used for diagnosis such as, chromatography, diagnostic imaging, differential light scattering, flow cytometry, gel microdroplets, immunoassays, liposomal testing, monoclonal antibodies and molecular diagnostics such as polymerase chain reaction (PCR). The basic laboratory tests for Cyclospora comprises acid-fast staining and safranin staining. Despite having all these tests, it is interesting to see that no blood tests are available for diagnosis of Cyclospora infection.
Geographically, the global cyclospora diagnostic market is segmented into four major regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World. Asia-Pacific is the largest market for these tests due to more susceptive environment for infection. The diarrheal disease, cyclosporiasis is endemic in tropical and subtropical nations of Latin America and Asia.Moreover, recent sporadic outbreaks of the infection have also been reportedin temperate countries such as the U.S.A., Canada and Mexico. According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than 600 cases of Cyclospora infection were reported in 2013, as a result of infection spread through packaged salad mix.
Some of the key players in the global Cyclospora diagnostic testing market are Affymetrix, Inc., Beckman Coulter, Inc.,bioMerieux, Inc., CEPHEID, Diamedix Corporation, Hologic, Inc., Nanogen, Inc., Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (a Johnson & Johnson company), DiaSorin S.p.A., Roche Diagnostics (a division of Hoffmann-La Roche),Siemens Healthcare, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., QIAGEN N.V. and Wako Chemicals USA, Inc.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments