Biomarkers are used to indicate the biological state of a process, pathogenic process or therapeutic action. Biomarkers facilitate understanding the development of a chronic disease, relationship between exposure to environmental chemicals and identification of subgroups of people who are relatively at high risk of developing disease. Continued development in related technologies such as genomics, proteomics and imaging system has accelerated the development of biomarkers. With the complexity of Central Nervous System (CNS), it is considered that biomarkers will play a vital role in identifying several neurodegenerative diseases at early stage, provide more accurate diagnosis and better treatment.
The global market for Central Nervous System biomarkers has been growing rapidly over the past two decades and is expected to continue further under the influence of increased governmental support, rapidly increasing aging population and advancements in supporting technologies such as genomics, proteomics and imaging technologies. The world is witnessing a rapid growth in aging population leading to high prevalence of many CNS disorders such as Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis and Alzheimer’s disease. The Aging Research Center, Karoliska Institute, Sweden suggests that approximately 24 million are affected with Alzheimer’s disease worldwide. These diseases incur significant burden on society, to overcome these burdens governments are supporting private and public laboratories by funding to continue their development process. United States government has proposed to spend USD 140.8 billion in the fiscal 2013 to support research and development program across the country. Geographically, North America represents the largest market as healthcare infrastructure ismore advanced as compared to other regions around the globe and it also has a large population base suffering from CNS diseases. The emerging markets including India, china, Brazil and Mexico are poised to show substantial growth due to continuously improving healthcare facilities in these nations.
Some of the prominent players engaged in the development and marketing of biomarkers are AbaStar MDX, Apitope International, ExonHit Therapeutics, Metabolon Inc., Myriad RBM, OPKO Health, Thermo Fisher Scientific and Osta Biotechnologies.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments