CIGS (Copper indium gallium selenide) is a semiconductor with direct bandgap which is used for solar cells manufacturing. The absorber of CIGS is placed on a glass or plastic backing, together with electrodes on back and front for current collection. Since the material powerfully absorbs sunlight and has a higher absorption coefficient, comparatively as compared to other semiconductor material, a thin film is required. The devices which are prepared with CIGS fit in the PV’s (photovoltaic’s) thin-film category. CIGS has several advantages of being able to be deposited on flexible substrate materials which produce lightweight and highly flexible solar panels. Efficiency improvements have made copper indium gallium selenide a leader among alternative cell materials.
Copper indium gallium selenide is one of the three conventional thin-film PV technologies, the other two being amorphous silicon and cadmium telluride. Unlike these materials, CIGS layers are quite thin to be flexible which thus allows their deposition on flexible substrates. Conversely, since all these technologies usually use deposition techniques which require high-temperature, the cells deposited on glass give the best performance. This performance is marginal in comparison with modern polysilicon based panels. Advancements in low-temperature CIGS cells deposition have erased the performance difference, even with flexible designs.
CIGS has remarkably a high absorption coefficient greater than 105/cm for 1.5 eV and high energy photons. CIGS solar cells having efficiencies of approximately 20 percent have been claimed by both the “Zentrum für Sonnenenergie und Wasserstoff Forschung” (ZSW) and “National Renewable Energy Laboratory” (NREL), which is till date record for any thin film solar cell. The thin film PV market is expected to grow rapidly over the forecast period. Hence, a strong incentive exists to improve and develop the deposition methods for such films which would allow increased throughput and low cost.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments