Cereal crops are cultivated for their edible component i.e. grain. These are a source of energy to the humans and are grown in large quantities. Moreover these are also called as staple crops. Cereals are rich source of vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, fats and protein. In developing countries cereal ingredients such as rice, maize, millet and wheat are the source of daily sustenance. While in developed countries due to inclination of people towards fast- foods and ready to eat food, cereal ingredients have moderate and variable consumption, however they still play substantial role in daily diet.
The cereal ingredients market can be segmented by type as- Wheat, Maize, Rice, Oats, Sorghum and Barley. However the market can also be segmented by application- Animal feed, Breakfast cereal, Brewing and Bio-fuel. The market can also be segmented geographically as- North America, APAC, Europe and Rest of the World (RoW) regions.
Increasing demand for cereal grains by livestock industry coupled with rising consumption of cereal as staple food are the drivers for cereal ingredients industry. Moreover rise in consumption of beer has also escalated demand for malting cereals such as barley and oats. One of the major restraining factors for the cereal ingredients market is potential for contamination of cereals and cereal products by pests, rusts, mycotoxins and smuts. Lack of research in genomics to improve the quality of cereal grains is also one of the growth barriers for cereal ingredients market. Further improvements in cereal crops breeding create an opportunity for the cereal ingredients industry.
Europe has the largest demand for malting barley cereals while fuelling demand of breakfast cereals from emerging economies such as China, India and Indonesia has created need for cereal ingredients. However North America has largest market for breakfast cereal ingredients.
Some of the key players of cereal ingredients market are- Cereal Ingredients Inc., Kellogg Company, Nestle S.A., Kashi Company and others.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market