Cement additives are chemical formulations added to cement or concrete in small quantities to meet the design requirement and functional and aesthetic aspects of civil structures. These additives are used in residential, industrial, and commercial buildings. The major advantages of using additives include improved strength, color, chemical resistance, enhancement of cement properties and reduction in the use of other chemicals and water.
Cement additives can be segmented into mineral additives, chemical additives, and fiber additives. Mineral additives include silica slag, fly ash, and rice husk ash, while chemical additives include normal plasticizers, super-plasticizers, retarding agents, waterproofing admixtures, and other coloring agents. Fiber additives include synthetic and steel fibers. Chemical additives dominate the cement additive industry, contributing nearly 50% of the total production.
The global cement additive market is expected to grow at a considerable rate. The major driving force of the cement additive industry is the growth of the global construction industry. Other factors which contribute to the growth of the cement additive industry are the improving quality of construction, reduction in usage of water, shorter construction time, and savings in labor cost. Government regulations can pose a threat to the industry. Other factors which inhibit the growth of the industry are increasing prices of additives and lack of awareness in the unorganized sector of construction developers.
The Asia-Pacific region is the largest market for cement additives and is mostly dominated by the Chinese market. The demand for cement additives is growing in developing countries owing to an increase in cement consumption, rising infrastructure in these regions, incentives for using industrial waste products as mineral additives, and demand for high-grade water reducers. The fiber additive segment is expected to grow at a faster pace over other segments. North America is the second largest market for cement additives followed by Western Europe.
Some of the vendors in the industry include BASF SE, Sika AG, Dow Chemical, AkzoNobel NV, W.R Grace & Co., and USG Corporation.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments