Carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) is a protein usually produced in the developing fetus and disappears or is absent in adults. Abnormal amounts of this protein may lead to cancer. CEA test is performed to measure the level of proteins and check for the recurrence of colon and other cancers in patients already diagnosed with cancer. The normal accepted range of this protein is 0 micrograms to 0.25 micrograms per liter. Elevated levels of CEA in the patients recently treated for cancer, indicates recurrence of the cancer.
These elevated levels are attributed to different types of cancers and other conditions such as cholecystitis, lung infection, heavy smoking, inflammatory bowel diseases, peptic ulcer, etc. High levels of CEA are also found in the patients who are not diagnosed with cancer which might increase the risk of acquiring cancer. Hematoma (blood accumulating under the skin), infection, dizziness and excessive bleeding are some of the risks associated with abnormal levels of CEA. The abnormal levels of CEA in the body can be detected by using arcitumomab a monoclonal antibody; these are commonly used in the identification of glycoprotein expression in tissue samples.
The continuous technological advances followed by discovery of specific antigens, biomarkers, and etc. form the prime reason for tremendous growth of CEA testing market. The market can be segmented by instrumentation and on the basis of number of tests performed in specific geographies elucidating the market by volume and geography. Qualitative analysis of the regulatory policies and patent protection can highlight the need of CEA testing market.
The major factors influencing the growth of the market are rise in geriatric population, technological breakthroughs that aids in revealing the genetic basis of the disease, increased accuracy of the diagnostic procedures and rigorous research and development initiatives. Lack of awareness and availability of novel technological solutions might pose a challenge to the growth of CEA testing market. The companies competing in this market are Abbott Laboratories, Siemens Healthcare, bioMerieux, Danaher Corporation (Beckman Coulter), Myriad Genetics, Epigenomics, Qiagen N.V., and Life Technologies Corporation.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments