Caustic soda, also known as sodium hydroxide or lye, is a non-flammable, odorless white solid. It is highly corrosive and is available in different forms like granules, pellets, and flakes. The process which is used to form chlorine, caustic soda, and soda ash is known as chlor-alkali. Caustic soda being a co-product of chlorine, the supply of caustic soda in the market depends significantly on the production of chlorine. Caustic soda has numerous applications, foremost of which is as a chemical base, where it acts as the vital raw material in the production of many organic chemicals.
Caustic soda is a common ingredient used in chemical industries in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World (RoW). It is used in various industries like pulp and paper, textiles, drinking water, soaps, and detergents. Other miscellaneous applications of caustic soda are in synthesis of pharmaceutical compounds, neutralizing acids, and in recycling of rubber.
Some of the driving forces for the caustic soda market are high demand in the end-user market, high production capacity available in all market segments, and also the strong growth in developing regions. Market segments with high capacity plants can scale-up their production in accordance with the increasing demand for caustic soda in the market. Caustic soda is currently experiencing significant price hikes due to the high demand to supply ratio, which could further lead to an enhanced revenue growth of major companies.
One of the major factors responsible for restraining the supply of caustic soda on a global scale is poor consumption of PVC. Lesser PVC production is leading to lower production volumes of its feedstock chlorine, and is thus directly impacting the caustic soda market. The high prices of caustic soda may force buyers to cut back on their own production in the near future. A further analysis of the market suggests that major producers are following the strategy of expanding their production capacities to meet the demand in the domestic market as well as for exports to developing countries.
Companies like Dow Chemical Company, AkzoNobel Chemicals, Olin Chlor Alkali Products, Befar Group Co. Ltd., Formosa Plastics Corporation, Shintech Inc., and Occidental Chemical Corporation are some key players in the market.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments