Capsule endoscopy is a minimally invasive procedure used to detect digestive disorders. Capsule endoscopy is a method to record the images of digestive tract which can be further used in diagnosis of the intestinal diseases. The procedure helps examine the lining of gastrointestinal tract which includes three portions of the small intestine namely duodenum, ileum and jejunum. The capsule endoscope is a pill size device that comprises of batteries, camera, light source and transmitter. Capsule when swallowed by the patient takes the picture of the gastrointestinal tract which is received by the professional and examined. The procedure is used to obtain high resolution images that may not be accessible through other endoscopy procedures such as colonoscopy and esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD). Capsule endoscopy is mainly used to diagnose the area of bleeding from small intestine. Additionally, the procedure is also used to detect inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s disease), ulcers, polyps and tumors of the small intestine. Capsule endoscopy is also interchangeably referred to as capsule enteroscopy, wireless endoscopy and small bowel endoscopy.
The global capsule endoscopy systems market is expected to show a significant growth with the rise in aging population who require much medical care. In addition rising prevalence of peptic ulcer, which is a disorder of gastrointestinal tract, will also propel the market growth. It is estimated that approximately 500,000 new ulcer cases are detected each year and at a time 5 million people are affected with ulcers in the United States. Peptic ulcers are common in men and elderly people and are mainly caused due to prolonged usage of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) and H. pylori infection. Moreover, peptic ulcers are also caused due to excess smoking, alcohol consumption, hypercalcaemia/hyperparathyroidism and stress. Patients suffering from peptic ulcers suffer from wide range of symptoms varying from abdominal pain to vomiting, bleeding, or catastrophic perforation of the organ lining. Thirty five percent of the population suffering ulcers suffer from serious complications and sometimes become life threatening. Therefore, for the early diagnosis and proper treatment capsule endoscope plays a pivotal role.
Some of the market players in this industry segment are Olympus Corporation, Fujifilm Holding Corporation, SynMed Limited and others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments