Capacitive sensors are devices that enable the measurement of the position of a conductive or nonconductive surface. The high-resolution sensing ability of these sensors makes them highly popular in detection and measurement of position, proximity, acceleration, and fluid levels. Currently, capacitive sensing is widely being used in devices like mobile phones, tables, other mobile devices, laptop trackpads, and in many other applications.
The market for these sensors was valued at USD 7 billion in 2012 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 13-14% from 2012-2018. This can be attributed primarily to their increased usage in varied application areas such as position, touch, and motion sensing, as well as in capacity measurements. Also, the vast and rapidly growing consumer electronics sector has witnessed introduction of a large number of capacitive sensor-based devices thereby fuelling market growth.
Features such as requirement of limited calibration and reduced size of the sensors have also enhanced their incorporation rate in various sensor-based devices. Major factors restraining the growth of this market are lack of innovation and product differentiation, along with the availability of optional technologies. Application of nanometer resolution provided by capacitive sensors in the field of nanotechnology indicates a new market growth opportunity.
Some of the companies in this market include Analog Devices Inc., Displax Interactive Systems, Elo Touchsystems, Micro Epsilon Messtechnik, Rechner Sensors, TPK Holding Co. Ltd., and Zytronic Plc.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.