The cable television networks market is growing owing to the increasing demand for digital content and the growing number of cable subscriptions. Cable operators are at the center of the cable TV revolution, broadcasting popular TV shows, movies, documentaries, news, sports, and other products to the growing population of enthusiastic subscribers. Europe and America makes up the largest market for the cable television network industry. New York City is the largest contributor with over 7.5 million homes watching TV making it 6.5% of the total household market with cable TV networks. Los Angeles stands in second place with 5.7 million homes using cable television networks accounting for 4.9% of the overall market.
Rising living standards and the need for entertainment is enabling the consumers to spend on entertainment packages suiting their interests. Demand for cable television networks is expected to spur in the next five years with the introduction of new digital and high definition (HD) channels from networks to maintain the subscriber growth and interest. Industry is expected to benefit from rising unemployment rate and increasing disposable income in the near future, thus resulting in revenue growth. The cable television networks industry is typically concentrated depending on regional share of population representing potential viewing audience.
- Cable and other pay television services
- Cable television services
- Closed circuit television services
- Direct broadcast satellite services (DBS)
- Multipoint distribution systems services (MDS)
- Satellite master antenna systems services (SMATV)
- Subscription television services
This research report analyzes this industry depending on its market segments and major geographies. The regions analyzed in this research report are:
- North America
- Rest of the World
This report also analyzes the industry growth rate¸ industry capacity, and market structure. It includes the study of current developments in this market, Porter’s five force analysis, and detailed profiles of the top industry players. This research report provides a detailed review of the micro and macro factors significant for the existing market players and new entrants with value chain analysis.
Some of the key players dominating this market are Cox Enterprises Inc., Time Warner Cable Inc., Comcast Corporation, Discovery Channel, ESPN, CNN, TNT, and others.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This research report provides an overview of major industry segments and factors driving and restraining market growth
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of the market and making in-depth analysis of current market trends
- It provides a pin point analysis of the changing competition dynamics to keep ahead of competitors
- It helps to clearly understand the competitive work environment and key product segments
- It provides up-to-date analysis of the latest market trends and technological developments
- It provides a technological growth map over a time and explains its impact on the market