Botanical drugs are drugs develop through botanical drug and research pathway, whereas plant derived drugs are combination of botanical as well as other approved drugs that contains plant materials, synthetic and semi synthetic substances. These botanical products are intended for use in the mitigation, cure, diagnosis and treatment or prevention of diseases in humans.
The global market for botanical and plant derived drugs is witnessing a significant growth over recent years due to rising usage of these drugs in different parts of the world. Increased focus of research institutes and clinical trial studies, price reduction and improved technological and sociological development are major driving factors for the growth of this market. However, low acceptance of these drugs for the treatment of lethal diseases is a major restraint for the market. On the other hand, rising number of FDA approved botanical drugs and their application is a key opportunity for the market. Some of the major classes of botanical and plant derived drugs are Tarpenes and Steroids, Glycosides, Ergot Alkaloids, Morphine Alkaloids and Vinca Alkaloids.
Global market of botanical and plant derived drugs market is primarily divided into two segments: based on geography and based on therapeutic applications. The U.K., Germany and France are major countries of the European Region. On the basis of therapeutic application, the market is segmented into hormone related disease therapy, infectious diseases, pain and central nervous system disorders, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, respiratory and oncology diseases treatment. Some of the major players operating in the market are Abott Laboratories, Bayer Healthcare, Bionova, Bristol Myers and Curapharm.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments