Polymers which break down, degrade and dispose easily without affecting the environment are called biodegradable plastics. They can be used in medical devices which can be used to operate human bodies and can be left inside the body to degrade. The major driving force behind the growing market of biodegradable polymers is the environmental hazards caused by the usage of non-degradable polymers (petroleum based polymers). People are becoming more aware about the effect that non-renewable polymers are having on the environment. Another factor which is driving the biodegradable polymers market is the increasing prices of crude oil, which is the base source of producing petroleum based polymers.
New technologies of producing biodegradable polymers are being introduced in the market due to which more and more companies are entering this market. Europe is the leading market for biodegradable polymers due to the aware consumer to use renewable polymers. North America is also growing at good pace owing to the consumer shift and concern of increasing crude oil prices. Asian countries like China and Japan are also expected to be one of the major markets for biodegradable polymers.
Some of the major market players in this industry include: BASF, Cereplast, Cortec group, Mitsui Chemicals, FP International, BIOTEC GmbH& Co and others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends.
Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments