As one of the first plastics made from synthetic components, bakelite marks the start of plastics. Due to its electrical non-conductivity and heat resistant property, bakelite is majorly used for wire insulation, semi conductors, brake pads and related automotive components, and in industrial electrical-related applications. The commercial uses of bakelite are mainly in the manufacture of inexpensive games, billiard balls, and dominoes produced in countries like China, India, and Hong Kong due to its durability, fine finishing, weight, and sound.
Bakelite has proven hazardous to the environment in its different forms during manufacturing, collection and disposal. Bakelite is a manufactured plastic containing high amounts of formaldehyde, asbestos and other polymers which are excessively harmful toxins. Long term exposure to these materials may cause some serious illnesses including lung cancer.
Bakelite items such as bakelite jewellery have become collectible due to their fine artisanship; hence, there is a high market value for such items, making them collectible. But collecting such items poses a health hazard. If these products break, the harmful synthetic materials inside them may become airborne and may result in inhalation, ingestion or skin contact. Older homes may contain bakelite products which were earlier used in house-fittings. Breakage and exposure to the older bakelite products may also result in severe illnesses.
After its use, the disposal of bakelite products is another important aspect. As these products contain formaldehyde, asbestos and other toxins, improper disposal causes release of these harmful toxins in the atmosphere harming the environment around.
Mass production of bakelite is not highly prevalent. However, certain limited companies like Sumitomo Bakelite Co., Ltd., MingQun Optoelectronics Technology Co., Ltd. among other few indulge in bakelite production on a commercial scale.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments