Global ATH Flame Retardant Market: Overview
Flame retardants are the components which restricts and prevents the spread of fire. Flame retardants can be of halogenated type and non-halogenated types. ATH called as alumina trihydrate is a non-halogenated type of flame retardant. ATH undergoes endothermic decomposition and functions as a flame retardant by liberating its high water content. This process cools the product and delays its ignition. ATH is widely used in thermoplastics such as poly vinyl chloride (PVC), the most used material in electrical applications. The ATH flame retardants are available in ground, precipitated types. Also, the flame retardants are surface treated for specific high performance applications.The wires and cables is an important sector in consumption of ATH flame retardant followed by building and construction. Also, reinforced composites in automobile body sections, foam seats are an attractive growth area for ATH flame retardant market. The global ATH flame retardant market is anticipated to show significant growth in terms of consumption over the forecast period owing to the strict industrial regulations and standards.
Global ATH Flame Retardant Market: Drivers and Restraints:
The ATH flame retardant market is primarily driven by the increasing adoption of plastic material. Flame retardants are widely used for variety of products from carpets to the building materials. Besides, use of flammable products drives the global ATH flame retardants market. Also, ATH flame retardant is a cost effective compared to the other non-halogenated type of flame retardants and thus further gives an advantage for expansion. The regulations such as RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances), WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment), and REACH further boosts the consumption of global ATH flame retardant market.
However, substitutes such as magnesium hydroxide (MDH) for ATH flame retardants might restrain the global ATH flame retardant market.
Global ATH Flame Retardant Market: Segmentation
On the basis of type, ATH flame retardant market is segmented into:-
- Ground ATH flame retardant
- Precipitated ATH flame retardant
- Surface treated ATH flame retardant
On the basis of application, ATH flame retardant market is segmented into:-
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Poly vinyl chloride (PVC)
- Unsaturated resins
On the basis of end use industry, ATH flame retardant market is segmented into:-
- Electrical and electronics
Global ATH Flame Retardant Market: Region Wise Outlook
The global ATH Flame retardant market is divided into seven regions, namely North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Japan and Middle East and Africa (MEA). APAC holds major share in the global ATH Flame retardant materials. This is attributed by growing end use industries in countries such as China, India, Indonesia, South Korea, Taiwan, and Vietnam. North America and Europe followed by Japan are expected to grow moderately during the forecast period since the markets in these regions are matured. The ATH film retardant market in MEA and Latin America are expected to show above average growth during the forecast period.
Global ATH flame retardant market: Key Players
Some of the key players identified in the global ATH Flame retardant market includes:
- JM Huber
- Albemarle Corporation
- Alcoa World Alumina Minerals
- Sumitomo Chemicals
- Magyar Aluminium
- Chalco Aluminium Corp of China
- TOR Minerals Europe
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.